... If rape or arson, poison, or the knife
Has wove no pleasing patterns in the stuff
Of this drab canvas we accept as life—
It is because we are not bold enough!
- Charles Baudelaire
(Roy Campbell's translation)
"a mile or more in a foreign clime, to see farther inside of me" - syd barrett
But I sold my freedom
For free room and board,
Like a monkey in a zoo. - Daniel Johnston

Friday, March 23, 2007

about him...

Who/What is him... ,

him... is a name stopped short of complete expression..... an existence stopped short of complete manifestation... an entity stopped short of its complete individualization. him... is an attempt to capture the glimpse of that which just stopped short of an occurence, the glimpse that was just caught for a moment by the corner of the eye and the likes of which can only be pondered upon by the presence of imagination or the mere lack of it.
In this light Shakespeare's "What's in a name?", can be extended to "What's in a name, or the rather lack of it".

If the imagination is in the eye, then the eye is what is I (and him....) Imagination stopped short of expression, of manifest expression, of formation for I am but my imagination, and the very lack of it... Wht I see is all I am and wht I am is wht i fail to see.

Leonardo da Vinci once said "Art is never finished; only abandoned.". Art is an expression for imagination and its abandonment thereafter, or in other words the lack of it thereafter....

him..... art.... expression..... imagination.... all references to one and the lack of one....

1 comment:

Yohan said...

Hee hee. That's pretty bizarre.

Do you think stopping short of individualization is good/bad? Or that it just is?

I agree broadly with the sentiment, if I am correct in my understanding:

I am what I see, and what I do not see.

I look at it in an aesthetic way: I am defined equally by my dislikes as my likes, although both are fleeting.