... If rape or arson, poison, or the knife
Has wove no pleasing patterns in the stuff
Of this drab canvas we accept as life—
It is because we are not bold enough!
- Charles Baudelaire
(Roy Campbell's translation)
"a mile or more in a foreign clime, to see farther inside of me" - syd barrett
But I sold my freedom
For free room and board,
Like a monkey in a zoo. - Daniel Johnston

Sunday, February 18, 2007

another day in paradise ...



Morning flutters in through my window
The rays of light creep in through like a mole
The raging screams on the streets outside
Sounding more peaceful than my soul

My eyes open to the world beyond
With a squint i look at the empty wall
Light cascading across its breadth
scattering on its face the colors all.



In the city i take a ride
to shake off the haze in my mind
but the city itself is a desert filled
by the empty footprints of mankind

I look out at the ocean
The dry air's scent awakens the pain
And in the cries of the wild banshees
I hear the echoes of the past again



-him...
(words & views by him...)




1 comment:

siddhya said...

hmm nice snap.
i wonder why inspite of the harsh weather, people (including me) still love boston :)